The Zombie Fun Run FAQ's
What makes this race different then others?
We are not like any other Zombie Run. Here are just a few things that set us apart:
- This race takes place at Field of Screams!
- This location makes it truly a one-of-a-kind race course
- Run through movie quality props and scenes
- Professional zombies and actors
- Zombies will be transformed by a professional make up artist.
- Free t-shirt station at the Living Dead After Party. Customize your race shirt depending on how you finish the race "Infected" or "Survivor"
- Free Parking
- Free to Spectators
- Rinse off areas available
- Changing areas available for male and female
What are the age restrictions for runners?
- Runners 12 and older may register under any wave start time.
- Participants under the age of 12 are encouraged to register in the 11am, 11:30 and 12pm wave times.
- Not recommended for children under 6.
What are the age restrictions for zombies?
Zombies must be at least 16 years old.
What if all of my flags are taken?
If all of your flags are taken you will complete the race as an infected runner. You may not take other runners flags. You will receive a medal saying "Infected."
What if I finish with 1 or more flags?
If you have 1 or more flags left when you cross the finish line - you have survived! You will receive a medal saying "Survivor."
Do I need to pre-register to participate?
To guarantee your race shirt and medal you need to pre-register. Walk-on’s are welcome but are not guaranteed a race shirt and medal.
What is the difference between the day and night runs?
While the course is the same for both the day and night waves, the night wave will have minimal lighting. Night wave participants will receive a glow bracelet. Flashlights or headlights are recommended but not required for the night waves. Sunset time on race day is 4:47 PM.
What is a Gain-a-Life Station?
The Gain-a-Life Stations are challenges you can choose to complete for a chance to gain an extra flag.
May I Gain-a-Life if I already have 3 flags?
No, you will only receive the flag after completing the challenge if you have less than 3 flags remaining.
All registrants must sign a copy of the race waiver in order to participate. After completing your online registration you will receive an email with a link to view the waiver and sign electronically. If you lost or never received the email, you can sign the waiver on race day.